what do we test?
1. Electrical conductivity is a property contrast commonly used for detecting NiS, VMS, Cobalt, Graphite and highly sulphidic gold deposits.
2. Electrical resistivity and chargeability are property contrasts commonly used in conjunction to detect porphyry deposits and gold deposits with some sulphide association.
3. Density is a property contrast used to detect magmatic intrusions, large heavy sulphide deposits, alteration zones and to map basement depths.
4. Magnetic susceptibility is a property contrast used to detect VMS deposits, greenstone belts, ultramafics hosting NiS, and to map almost all types of geology under cover.
5. Spectral radiometrics is a property contrast used to detect zones of anomalous geochemistry. Uranium deposits, pegmatites and other near-surface material containing K, Th, U.
What is PETROPHYSICS ?
Petrophysics is the study of the physical properties of earth materials. It is the basis upon which all geophysical prospecting is designed.
The various geophysical exploration methods work by detecting contrasts in rock physical properties.
WHY do we need it?
Knowing the physical property contrasts of the rocks on your property will help you decide which geophysical methods will best answer your exploration questions.
Knowing your physical properties will help to optimize survey parameters. Example: even if you know your target is a good EM target, knowing its conductivity will help to define survey frequency and know which systems will see it best.
Knowing the physical properties of your rocks will allow for more accurate inversion and modelling results.
physical rock properties testing. know your rocks.
locate your targets.
The biggest mistake that most explorers make when investigating a mineral property.
Physical properties testing is the first, most important and most overlooked step in planning a geophysical survey. It is the least expensive and yet most critical step in the process.
If you don’t know your target’s properties, you can waste a great deal of money and time using the incorrect approach to finding it.
EarthEx in-house physical properties testing.
How do I proceed?
1. The best approach is to send us samples (hand samples or half/quarter cores) of your target mineralization with at least two representative samples of each mineralization style/texture/grade/tenor.
2. In addition to this it is recommended to send samples representing the stratigraphy in your exploration property. Knowing the properties of the country rocks is integral to knowing what contrast your target has, as well as what other lithologies might produce non-economic targets in the geophysics.
3. We can also use your physical properties to invert or re-invert your existing geophysical data with known properties as a constraint, leading to much more geologically reasonable and accurate models.
Contact us for a quote :